CHRISTMAS LEFTOVER RECIPES
The festivities are over and the stomachs are definitely full – but there is still plenty of food leftover from Christmas dinner. What do you do with them all? We can’t throw them away because they’re a waste and we definitely can’t save them for next year so the best option is to use the leftovers to make the next few days’ meals!
A great, welcomed money-saving idea after spending £100’s on the Christmas food shop – reusing your Christmas leftovers is a very common tradition in most households. If you’re feeling a little stuck what to do with them and Turkey sandwiches are a little too boring for you, try out these incredible Christmas Leftover Recipes this festive season.
Spicy Turkey Stir Fry Noodles
It is natural to feel a little bloated after a day and night of consuming plenty of calories and delicious foods – but we certainly have no regrets. This Spicy Turkey Stir Fry Noodles recipe is a healthy dish which definitely puts that leftover turkey to good use for a delicious Boxing Day meal!
- Cooked Turkey
- Garlic Cloves
- Red Chilli
- Egg Noodles
- Vegetable Oil
- Soy Sauce/Sauce of Your Choice
- Fresh Limes
- Spring Onions
- Heat a wok with vegetable oil.
- Add in the turkey, chilli, garlic, spring onion and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Stir the ingredients until evenly cooked.
- Add in the egg noodles, stirring all of the ingredients together.
- Slowly stir in the soy sauce, in small portions at a time.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, cooking for around 3 minutes.
- Serve the noodles in a bowl, with a touch of salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime.
Turkey & Ham Shortcrust Pie
If there’s one thing for certain post-Christmas, it is that we are left with an excess of turkey and ham. Another thing that is a certainty, is that we want comfort food and lots of it! This Turkey & Ham Shortcrust Pie is a sure hit with the whole family, and is incredibly tasty.
- Cooked Turkey Meat
- Cooked Ham Meat
- Ready-Roll Shortcrust Pastry (or make your own with plain flour, dried sage, butter, eggs and suet).
- Turkey Stock
- Wholegrain Mustard
- Plain Flour
- Double Cream
- Create the sauce by heating butter, thyme and leeks in a pan.
- ly stir in flour to create a paste.
- Once it begins to bubble, pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the double cream and simmer until thick.
- Add in mustard, tarragon and turkey.
- Turn heat off and set aside to cool.
- Roll out the pastry into an oiled tin, leaving a slight overhang.
- Layer the ham across the bottom of the pastry, adding the sauce afterwards.
- Repeat step 8 to form layers within the pie.
- Cut out the lid of the pie, adding it carefully to close the pastry.
- Add a hole to the lid of the pie, glazing with egg yolk.
Leftover Turkey Curry
A true classic and one of the easiest Christmas leftovers recipe, the infamous Turkey Curry. If you’re stumped at how to get rid of the last of the turkey, this Turkey Curry recipe is very easy to make and makes for a nice, healthier change to festive comfort food.
- Cooked Turkey
- Sunflower Oil
- Curry Paste
- Green Pepper
- Chopper Tomatoes
- Cooked Potatoes
- Mango Chutney
- Heat the sunflower into the oil, before adding the chopped onion and pepper.
- Cook until soft, adding the curry paste and garlic into the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring ingredients to the boil and leave for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey and potatoes, cooking for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice, tipped with coriander and mango chutney.
Make sure to check out our discount kitchenware range online and in stores to supply everything you need to make these delicious recipes – including branded slow cookers and buffet servers to make Christmas dinner and every meal after, a little easier to make.
With these easy recipes, you can feed the family for the run-up until the New Year and enjoy a relaxing family meal. Enjoy the season of food and family the right way!